Thursday 20 March 2014

Rotoscope


I did this in photoshop using the video timeline. I filmed myself dancing then imported it into photoshop, i chose certain layers and put them into frames (5 frames):
1 frame - me standing arms down.
2 frame - me with arm half way up and other arm still by my side.
3 frame - me with arm up completely and other arm inwards.
4 frame - arm coming down other arm back to my side.
5 frame - me standing still again.
(each frame skips a bit because the time is set to quick so its not obvious to the viewers that some frames are skipped).
I painted over each of the photos (from videos) in that particular frame (traced), so that i could catch the exact body shape, shadow in the jumper, and arm and hand changes.
I then took off the eye key on each frame so that you could only see my drawing without the photos. I then played it and added a background, and did the same for every frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment